Launch Meeting for the Journal of Topology
On January 16, 2007,
the launch of the new Journal of Topology
was announced. To mark the start of our new venture, the editors will hold
a short scientific meeting in Oxford, UK, from March 19 to March 21.
We would like to invite all who are interested to join us!
List of Talks:
- Martin Bridson (Imperial): Non-positive curvature, rigidity and fixed point theorems
- Ralph Cohen (Stanford): The Floer homotopy type of
the cotangent bundle and string topology
- Kenji Fukaya (Kyoto): Differentiable operad, Kuranishi correspondence, and
foundation of topological field theories
- Nigel Hitchin (Oxford): A Lecture on the icosahedron
- Jean Lannes (Ecole Polytechnique, Paris): On the degree of rational functions
- Wolfgang Lueck (Muenster): The Farrell-Jones Conjecture and its applications
- John Roe (Penn State): Analytic structure sets and eta invariants
- Graeme Segal (Oxford): Deformation of quantum field theories
All lectures will take place in Lecture Room 3
at the Mathematical Institute, 24-29 St Giles Street.
- 02:15 Nigel Hitchin
- 03:45 Jean Lannes
- 10:00 Martin Bridson
- 11:30 Kenji Fukaya
- 02:15 Ralph Cohen
- 03:45 Graeme Segal
- 10:00 Wolfgang Lueck
- 11:30 John Roe
The meeting is supported by a grant from the London Mathematical Society. In
particular, there are funds available to support graduate students.
For more information contact Ulrike Tillmann (email@example.com).
[an error occurred while processing this directive]