Below is a list of Chebfun-related papers written by members of the Chebfun Team. For convenience, a BibTeX file is available here.
If you use Chebfun in a book, paper, website, etc., please contact us.
- Original Chebfun paper: Battles and Trefethen, An extension of Matlab to continuous functions and operators (SIAM J. Sci. Comp., 2004)
- "Vision statement": Trefethen, Computing numerically with functions instead of numbers (Math. in Comp. Sci., 2007)
- Introduction of Chebfun Version 2: Pachón, Platte and Trefethen, Piecewise smooth chebfuns (IMA J. Numer. Anal., 2010)
- Introduction of Chebops: Driscoll, Bornemann and Trefethen, The chebop system for automatic solution of differential equations (BIT Numer. Math., 2008)
- Quasimatrix factorization algorithms: Trefethen, Householder triangularization of a quasimatrix (IMA J. Numer. Anal., 2010)
- Best approximation by the Remez algorithm: Pachón and Trefethen, Barycentric-Remez algorithms for best polynomial approximation in the chebfun system (BIT Numer. Math., 2009)
- Near-best approximation by the CF method: Van Deun
and Trefethen, A robust implementation
of the Carathéodory-Fejér method (submitted, 2009)
- Survey of chebfun and chebop: Platte and Trefethen, Chebfun: a new kind of numerical computing (ECMI 2008 Proceedings, 2010)
- Integral and integro-differential equations: Driscoll, Automatic spectral collocation for integral, integro-differential, and integrally reformulated differential equations (J. Comp. Phys., 2010)
- Quadrature: Hale and Trefethen, Chebfun and numerical quadrature (Science in China (submitted), 2012)
- One-page summaries: Trefethen, Chebfun and Chebop (IMAJNA Newsletter, 2008),
Trefethen, Approximation theory and practice (Oxford Maths. Inst. Newsletter, 2009)
To cite Chebfun in a publication, we recommend the following:
L. N. Trefethen and others, Chebfun Version 4.2, The Chebfun Development Team, 2011, http://www.maths.ox.ac.uk/chebfun/.
Click here for a BibTeX entry.